I prepared this deck for my first Consumer Behavior class in the Master of Marketing in ESAN University (http://www.esan.edu.pe/). I started to think about the big consumer trends and changes in the marketplace. After reviewing some expert´s perspective, my own experience talking, watching and researching consumer, and the cultural & social megatrends, I arrive to these "top consumer trends":
- Consumers are increasingly volatile and unfaithful (The "Click Consumer)
- An empowered consumer (from "Super-man" to "Super-consumer)
- An irrational and complex consumer ("the hybrid consumer")
- A desperately seeker of affection ("a hug seeker, desesperated household)
- A technologically connected consumer ("Techno-consumer)
- A trend Hunter ("Cool Hunter")
- An active producer of knowledge and ideas ("Prosumer")
- A multicultural and multiracial consumer ("Etnoconsumer")
- Individualistic, narcissus and hedonistic ("just-for-me" consumer)
- Consumers looking for health and wellness (“back to the basics”).
The main marketing implications are included and also some examples of the international an local market (Perú).
I hope you enjoy! Cristina
Las 20 Tendencias Hot del Nuevo Consumidor y sus aplicaciones al Marketing